Happy Monday everybody! After both of our flights were delayed this weekend, we’re finally back from our anniversary trip to Denver! In true after weekend trip hangover fashion, I’m linking up with Biana to tell y’all six things that I leaned while visiting Denver!
- The altitude really can effect you if you’re not used to it- You’d think that this one is kind of a duh because everybody always talks about how the altitude effects people, and it really does! Chris and I aren’t in hardcore shape, but just walking up the incline to get into Red Rocks Amphitheater totally kicked our butts! I also found myself feeling a little bit more dehydrated during this trip, but that might be because of the lack of humidity along with the altitude. So definitely be prepared for not being able to be as athletic as you’re used to in Denver.
- If there are still tickets left for a concert at Red Rocks buy them immediately because the concert will get sold out- I have to admit that this trip was not very planned for us at all, which actually turned out to be a blessing since it was an anniversary trip, but that also meant that we didn’t buy any tickets in advance. One of the things that I had heard that we needed to do while we were in Denver was go to a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater. So when I looked online and saw that there was a concert on Saturday night and there were still tickets on Tuesday, I thought that’d be a great thing thing to try and do Saturday night. So after we were done with all of our other activities on Saturday, we drove out to Red Rocks, parked, and walked up to the entrance in the rain, only to find out that the show was sold out. Whomp whomp! So definitely learn from our mistake and buy your tickets to your concert at Red Rocks because chances are it’ll get sold out!
- Denver people really like their beer- One of the things that we saw a lot of while we were in Denver was bars but breweries as well. In Houston we have quite a few craft breweries, but I don’t think the numbers compare to what Denver has! We were able to visit one brewery while we were there, but I know that my brother in law and other beer enthusiasts would have a blast visiting the Mile High City, even if it’s just to drink beer!
- Wine out of a can is actually pretty good- Even though we really didn’t plan our trip out very much, I still did some research on things to do in Denver, and one of the things that I knew that I wanted to do was a tour of the Infinite Monkey Theorem winery. The Infinite Monkey Theorem is an urban winery that produces wine from Colorado grapes in the middle of downtown Denver, and they were one of the first wineries to put wine in cans. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable about wine, but the thing that I really loved was being able to try wine out of a can for the first time! Not only was it delicious, but it was so cool too! You’d better believe that I’m going to try and find some of this at home!
- It can get hot in the Mile High City- When we originally booked our trip to Colorado I was really excited about maybe getting away from the Texas heat for a weekend, so you can imagine our surprise when we looked at the temperatures before we left and discovered that the highs were going to be in the 90’s while we were there! That’s still cooler than what it was in Houston, plus there wasn’t a ton of humidity, but I was still very happy that we hiked in the morning on Sunday!
- Besides concerts, apparently Red Rocks Amphitheater is also used as a work out facility- When we missed the concert on Saturday night, we were still determined to go hiking at Red Rocks Sunday morning. We arrived early in the morning and saw that the amphitheater was actually open, so we decided to see what we had missed. Holy Batman, Denver! We were not prepared to see at least 100 people working out in the middle of Red Rock Amphitheater! All of those people were seriously so dedicated and pretty hard core running up and down all of those steps!