For the past few years, my girlfriends and I have tried to take a trip together every year. We were all so close in college, and then afterwards we all moved to different parts of the state and country (and eventually to another country altogether), so a trip together was the perfect way to stay close. Obviously this year we decided on Charleston for our destination, but I thought that it’d be fun to talk about some other great destinations for an amazing girls trip for this Wanderlust Wednesday with Kerri, Kate, and Emily!
- Charleston- When we were thinking about a place for this year’s girls trip, Charleston just seemed like the perfect place. Not only is it one of the oldest cities in the United States, but it’s also extremely beautiful and girly with the all of the amazing architecture (read perfect for Instagram!). You also can’t beat the amazing food scene either! Another appeal of Charleston is the fact that it’s a smaller city, so it was easy to navigate and get around, and also relatively inexpensive compared to the other top travel destinations in the US!
- New Orleans- There’s a reason that we chose this for our first girls trip ever! Not only does New Orleans have a great night life (hello Bourbon Street!), but New Orleans is another city that’s rich in history as well. From tours of the Garden District and the French Quarter to spooky ghost tours at night, you can definitely get a feel for the city of New Orleans no matter where you are. And who can pass up some amazing Creole or Cajun food or some delicious beignets from Cafe du Monde? Plus, you can’t beat how relatively inexpensive the city (if you don’t go during one of the top festival weekends) considering how touristy the city is.
- Las Vegas- Oh Las Vegas, you definitely know how to keep a secret, right? Sin City is known all over the world as being a place to let your inhibitions go and have a great time, and who better to do that with than your girlfriends! From the clubs and night life, to the pool parties during the day, to the amazing shopping, and the out of this world food, Las Vegas is the perfect place to go with your girls! Just be prepared for the very high price tag of this very fun city!
- New York City- New York City might be one of the most iconic cities in the United States! From the numerous different neighborhoods that each have a vibe all on their own, to the amazing food and shopping, to all of the cultural experiences like Broadway and the art galleries and experiences, it’s easy to see how NYC would be the perfect destination to go with your best gals! Again, because New York City is known all over the world, it’s definitely going to be a destination with a higher price tag than some of the other cities.
- Napa- I think that all I need to say is wine for a reason why Napa would be a great destination to visit with your besties! Besides some out of this world wine, Napa also has a great food scene with some of the world’s best chefs. Although there’s not too much more to do in Napa besides drink wine, sometimes that’s all you and your girlfriends really need! Just be prepared to pay for everything when you visit Napa, including all of your tastings!
- Austin- Being a Texas girl, you know that I have to throw a great Texas location on this list! Austin is known for being the capital of Texas, but it’s also known for being “weird”, aka not like the rest of the Lone Star State! Austin is definitely anything but traditional Texas, but that also means that it has a lot of other fun things to offer. Austin has its famous 6th Street for some night life, an awesome music scene, a ton of festivals throughout the year, an awesome food scene, and a ton of outdoor activities ranging from hiking and canoeing to all the lake and river activities as well. And since Austin is in Texas, it’s relatively inexpensive as well.
- Boston- If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, then you probably know that I’m a huge history buff, which is one of the reasons that we chose Boston as a destination for one of our girls trips. Besides being one of the integral cities during the American Revolution and having a ton of history, Boston is another city that’s has a great food scene, a great cultural scene with tons of museums, and also a great sports scene as well. Girls can love sports as well, so don’t be afraid to take in a Red Sox or a Patriots game while you’re there! Because of it’s location, Boston is another city that’s a little bit on the expensive side.
- Nashville- Nashville is another fun Southern city, that’s very quickly becoming the bachelorette party capital for the country, and there’s obviously a reason why. Nashville is a lot cheaper to visit than Las Vegas, and it offers some of the same great benefits as Sin City! Broadway offers a great place to party, and with all of the amazing live music, that puts it a step above Vegas in my opinion. Nashville also offers an amazing southern food scene, and if you’re a fan of country music, then Nashville is definitely the place to be!
- Los Angeles- Los Angeles might not be a very traditional place to visit with your girlfriends, but I think that it’d be a ton of fun! LA is the home of Hollywood, so the potential to run into some of the celebrities that you love is way higher than any where else in the country. And who better to fangirl with than some of your best friends! Because of all the celebrities that live in LA, you can also count on some fabulous shopping, some great food, and very high prices!
- Disney World- Again, Disney World is a very untraditional destination for some, but where else can you relive your childhood with some of your girls! I’ve always thought that it would be a ton of fun to get your picture taken with some of your favorite Disney princesses with some of your favorite girlfriends! Disney World is definitely not just for kids or big kids, you can definitely have some adult fun in Epcot and attempt to drink your way around the world!
And now I’m officially excited and can’t wait to start recapping our awesome trip to Charleston!
Do you have any other destinations that would be perfect for a girls trip?