So is anybody sick of Christmas music/movies/decorations/parties/food yet? I didn’t think so! It’s so crazy to think that Christmas is only 2 weeks away and then we have to wait a whole year before we can celebrate again (yes, I know that some people start celebrating as soon as November rolls around). With that being said, I have another Christmas filled Five Things Friday for y’all!
- Today is our company Christmas luncheon. I’m kind of bummed that we’re not doing an actual Christmas party (we missed the party last year because we were at Disney World), but the lunch is at Vic and Anthony’s, one of the best steak restaurants in town, so I’m sure that it will be wonderful. After the lunch, the office is closing down, which is always a good thing! I’m very much looking forward to socializing with my coworkers and enjoying ourselves before Christmas break.
- I’m so excited to be going to dinner with some good friends of ours tonight! We haven’t seen them in a while, and it’s going to be so much fun to catch up on everything with them. We’re planning on going to dinner tonight at Uchi, which is one of the best sushi restaurants (the hubby and I think it’s the best) in town. They have a fantastic Happy Hour where they have several of their best dishes that you can try at Happy Hour prices. Needless to say, I’ll probably be eating my weight in sushi tonight, even with the wonderful lunch I’m sure that I’ll have had earlier in the day.
- After dinner tonight, we’ll be headed to a concert by the Houston Symphony called Very Merry Pops. The show will be a collection of Christmas songs, and I seriously cannot wait! Christmas music has been playing in my office and in my car nonstop after Thanksgiving, so I’ll be very excited to listen to some live music for a change!
- I’m super excited for the first weekend in a while that we don’t have any specific activities planned! I’m hoping to be productive this weekend and send out the last of our Christmas cards and actually get some presents wrapped and under the tree (we’ll see if that actually happens). Also, one of my best friends is coming over to watch Christmas movies Saturday, and I can’t wait to see her! I’m pretty sure we’ll be watching Christmas movies set in NYC so we can remember our last trip there a couple of years ago, and so we can get prepared for our trip that we’re planning next year at Christmastime!
- Finally, I’m very excited that I finally received my 2015 Emily Ley Simplified Planner in the mail (after the USPS took almost a week and a half to deliver it!). One of my friends told me about it, and after doing some research I decided to give it a try. Currently, the hubby and I have a shared calendar on our iPhones where we can keep track of different activities that we have going on, but I still feel like some things get lost in the day to day shuffle. I’m hoping that by having an actual planner for 2015, I’ll be a little more organized and stay on top of my to do lists better.
Well, that’s all I have for this week! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!